Norma Jeane Mortenson, at baptism Baker (Marilyn Monroe) is one of the most iconic women of the 20th century, whose style is still copied by many modern women and admired by men of all ages.
Marilyn Monroe Facts
There are a lot of interesting facts about Marilyn Monroe, some of which, perhaps, you did not know:
- Marilyn had many names. She is Norma Jeane Mortenson on her birth certificate, but she was dubbed Norma Jeane Baker. She modeled under the names Jean Norman and Mona Monroe. She originally came up with the pseudonym Jean Adair. In March 1956, she officially changed her name to Marilyn Monroe.
- Marilyn was an actress, model, and singer. As an actress, she has appeared in at least 25 films. Jazz Only Girls (Some Like It Hot) is her best film. She has been nominated for 4 Golden Globes and won three of them. She is also one of the few leading Hollywood actors to never win an Oscar.
- Marilyn was married three times: to Jimmy Dougherty (1942-1946), whom she married when she was 16; Joe DiMaggio (1954) and Arthur Miller (1956-1961).
- Marilyn Monroe did not like diamonds: although she was known for performing the song “Diamonds are a girl’s best friend,” she was not a fan of expensive jewelry. In fact, all of her jewelry was costume jewelry, with the exception of pearls and a diamond ring given to her by Joe DiMaggio, her second husband.
- The most memorable moments in Marilyn’s life were when she sang “Happy Birthday Mr. President” to John F. Kennedy. The dress she wore that evening sold for a record $ 1,267,500.
- Marilyn often asked photographers to shoot her only on the right side, as she believed that the left side looked worse.
- She was an avid reader and had a very large library at home – more than 400 books of various genres. Her ex-husband said in an interview that she could catch the main idea of the book by reading only the first 10 pages.
- She had an extremely high IQ of 168 (for comparison, Einstein had 160). She was also one of the first women to own her own production company, Marilyn Monroe Productions.
- In 1953, the advertising association named Marilyn “The most advertised girl in the world.” Brands she represented included American Airlines, Kyron Way Diet Pills, Pabst Beer, Tan-Tan Suntan Lotion, and Royal Triton Oil.
- Marilyn won the Playboy Playmate of the Month award. She posed for the cover of the first edition of Playboy, published back in December 1953. Monroe’s photo helped Playboy sell 54,000 copies of the magazine for 50 cents each.
- Marilyn Monroe wrote her autobiography, My Story, but the book was not published until ten years after her death.
- She was diagnosed with a borderline personality disorder. Sadly, Marilyn died on the evening of August 4, 1962, at her home in Los Angeles, California. The cause of death was an overdose of barbiturates.
- She regularly did charity work:
- On her honeymoon with Joe DiMaggio, she performed at charity concerts for American soldiers in Korea to cheer them up.
- She financially supported organizations that helped orphanages and other organizations that dealt with the problems of children and their families.
- She was a member of SANE and advocated for the abolition of nuclear weapons.
- Marilyn visited an orphanage in Mexico and wrote a check for $ 1000 in front of the press – it was good PR. But after the press left, she tore up the check and wrote out a new one for $ 10,000
Marilyn Monroe never existed! I think so because the real truth about Marilyn is that this image was created from a young woman named Norma Jeane Mortenson, and it was this role that brought her fame and success.
Marilyn was just a character that Norma Jeane played almost 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year. No one knew the real Norma Jeane after she grew up and focused on her acting career.
Norma Jeane deserves a posthumous Academy Award for playing the role of Marilyn throughout her adult life. Many great actors have played characters for days, weeks, months over a period of time. Norma played the role of Marilyn for many years, day and night. She got used to the role so well that many people still do not know what kind of person she was and do not guess about her real name, associating her with a stupid blonde.
Leave a Reply