“Reading for the mind is the same as an exercise for the body.” What is one of the most important features of the most successful people? Erudition.
- Bill Gates, the man who released Microsoft, reads 50 books a year. Result? He is currently the second in the list of the richest people in the world.
- Warren Buffett claims to read 500 pages per day. He devotes about 80% of his time to reading. Is there a connection between his addiction to books and the fact that he is one of the richest people on the planet?
- Mark Kuban, another successful billionaire, reads 3 hours a day, about 1,000 hours a year. It takes 5 hours to read an average book, which means that a Cuban reads 200 books a year.
- When billionaire Elon Musk is asked how he learned to build rockets? He replies, “I am reading books.”
- Internet celebrity Brandon Carter with huge muscle proportions says: “I read 2 hours every day. This habit is responsible for much of my success. ”
Getting the experience of the older generation
Since time immemorial, one of the main abilities of people has been the transfer of stored information to the next generation. The offspring did not have to go through what the previous generation survived in order to survive. Thus, the experience of the ancestors was transmitted and increased exponentially with each generation. And most often the book was the repository of knowledge.
- From a biology textbook, you can learn in an hour how the heart beats, how the reflexes work, how the artery differs from the vein … But for these simple truths today it took centuries.
- Ancient books written by people such as Homer, Dickens, Shakespeare give an idea of what their past was like, how people lived and what their lifestyle was.
- Books provide an opportunity to survive the difficult life experience of other people who tried to survive on a desert island. Or experience a sleepless night on death row before execution.
Books provide an opportunity to experience many lives, experience many aspects and see many worlds. Just by reading the book of a 60-year-old man as a 20-year-old, you get excerpts from his life experience, his maturity, his mind and knowledge.
It doesn’t matter what you read: books, letters or articles on the Internet. The main thing is that you develop your imagination, you yourself “draw” all the events, in particular with yourself in the main role.
I agree that visualization facilitates the absorption of information, but often disappoints. Remember the indignation of the audience of a movie made from the book, these people criticize the film adaptation not because of vanity and not because the movie is bad – they just imagined other heroes, a different voice, differently saw the location, experienced other emotions …
The development of imagination plays a significant role in shaping a person’s personality. It can determine your fate by influencing your future.
You can imagine more than just mental images and stories. You can imagine sounds, tastes, aromas, textures, feelings and much more. You can imagine songs, poems, films, series, novels, comics, video games, etc. … You can imagine solutions to the problems of hunger, poverty, conflict, war.
So, you can know what you want, but without imagination you can never bring your ideas to life.
Many people think that if an athlete, then you need to read thematic literature. If an entrepreneur, then you need to absorb only business books. This is not true.
Good experience can be obtained from any genre, whether it be fantasy, drama, biography or even a fairy tale. Not in vain, after all, as a child, we read Vitya Maleev at School and at Home. The book taught us to value friendship, to be responsible for our actions and to work our way to the result.